New year?

The start of the year 2008 brings joy and happiness to many people.
But sadness and confusion to some.

Why is everyone happily dancing and singing and all set up and ready,
to welcome the new year, and while some,
stays at home, in front of the computer,
sitting alone, crying or thinking.

Many people feel that having a new year means new beginnings.
Which is untrue.
Whatever is done is done.
The past will still stay.
And life still goes on as per normal,
just that the days repeat again.

Well, life`s just so unfair...

Anyway,
I just got back from esplanade.
The crowd was overwhelming.
Hardly any space to sit or stand.
So we stood far away from the sea,
Awaiting its grace.

When the fireworks exploded,
Boom , Boom , Boom.
And i was left walking away from the scene.
Why some may ask.
I dont know. I had to.
Coz the clique decided to leave.

My heart filled with happiness yet abit disspointed.
I`m happy that i get to celebrate new year.
I`m happy i could celebrate it with my friends.
I`m happy and contented enough that my clique tried to be in the mood.
I`m happy that fifi came to visit me and gave me a little something.

There`s a twinch of dissappointment in me.
Maybe because i didnt really got into the mood.
Maybe i just feel stupid sitting around many thousand people.
Maybe i just feel sad that i had to leave halfway through and fireworks.

Maybe. maybe. maybe.
:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You know...

Awwh

Never enough.